A Nordic folkhighschool: 3 hours from Oslo, Stockhom, Copenhagen, and just 20 minutes from Gothenburg.
About the school
At the centre in Scandinavia
We take great pride in being a part of the beautiful countryside of Bohus Län, our Nordic history, and modern culture - of which Göteborg is at the centre in Scandinavia.
Nordiska folkhögskolan is located in Kungälv, resting on the hills above the old part of town. Kungälv has been at the centre of Nordic culture for centuries. This is where the three nations of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden agreed to live in peace in 1101. The tradition of the town being a cultural melting pot still lives on to this day, and as an embodiment of the idea of Nordic friendship is Nordiska folkhögskolan, overlooking the medieval castle of Bohus Fästning. Close to the school you will find a large natural area with forests, rivers, and hills offering great possibilities for outdoor activities.
With public transportation the city of Göteborg is 20 minutes away, and you can reach the capitals of Scandinavia (Stockholm, Oslo, and Copenhagen) within half a day's journey.
Our core subjects
Courses and topics
- Profil kurser: serious, post-secondary education (efter-gymnasial) with an emphasis on storytelling - be it in film, literature, music, theatre, or photography.
- Our profile courses draw inspiration from and complement each other.
- The length of the courses vary from one term (half a year) to a whole year.
- Almänna linjer: elementary school- and secondary school training for Swedish students.
- You must be 18 or older to study at Nordiska folkhögskolan.
Situated in the historic town of Kungälv, just 20 minutes from Gothenburg, and in beautiful surroundings overlooking Bohus Castle and Fontin Natural reserve.
As a student you live in single or double rooms in small dorms with 6-8 others. Free wifi, (nordic) library, sauna, gym hall and washing facilities.
We also have room for small or large groups in our conference and B&B.